Vietnamese noodle bowl
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 200g linguini rice noodles
- 200g pack cooked large prawns
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- Handful radishes, finely sliced
- 1 red or yellow peppers, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated or finely sliced
- 5-6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 green chillis, deseeded and finely sliced
- Handful roasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- Large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
For the dressing
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1tsp coconut sugar
- 1tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1tsp rice vinegar
- 1tsp Thai fish sauce
- STEP 1
Make the dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Place the rice noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for about 5mins, or according to the pack instructions. When just tender, tip into a sieve to drain, then rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- STEP 3
Place the prawns, noodles and vegetables in a large bowl and pour over the sauce. Toss together with salad servers or your hands so that the sauce is well combine. Taste for seasoning.
- STEP 4
Divide into lunchbox-sized portions, top with cashew nuts and coriander and a wedge of lime to squeeze over just before eating. Any remaining salad will keep in the fridge, covered, for up to 48hrs, but add the coriander just before eating.