Bulgar wheat and quinoa salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 150g bulgar wheat
- 50g quinoa
- 250ml hot vegetable stock
- 200g tomatoes chopped
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 25g fresh coriander finely chopped
- 50g fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- bunch of spring onions thinly sliced
- 200g bunch of radishes thinly sliced
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 200g pomegranate seeds
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a roasting dish combine the bulgur wheat, quinoa, stock, tomatoes and lemon zest. Cook for 20mins, uncovered.
- STEP 2
Removed from oven, stir, and leave to cool for 5mins. Then add lemon juice, coriander, parsley, olive oil, and season.
- STEP 3
Stir in the spring onions, radishes and pomegranate seeds. Taste for seasoning. Top with the avocado and serve warm, or keep in the fridge for a lunchbox treat.