1. Hot showers can increase the ‘afterdrop’ effect, so pull on snuggly layers instead. The Selkie sweat pants (£45) and super-cosy fleece-lined Selkie Sherpa hoodie (£79) are what we reach for.
Buy from www.selkieswim.com
2. Helping you to get warm fast plus doubling as a handy changing robe, the classic Dryrobe Advance Long Sleeve (from £110) is a must for open-water swimmers. Wear it before and after your swim to retain body heat. There’s a range of colours, plus three zippy pockets are handy for stashing small items.
Buy from dryrobe.com
3. Feet often feel the cold, so pull on a good pair of socks to create warmth, like these 1000 Mile Heat Walk Socks (£17.99), made with special fabric which is designed to capture and retain heat.
4. Sip a warm drink after your swim from the Red Original Insulated Drinks Bottle (£25). It keeps liquid hot for 12 hours (or cold for 24 hours)plus is made from marine-grade stainless steel in a bid to reduce plastic. It holds 750ml too, which is a good amount of post-swim tea or coffee!
Buy from www.wetsuitoutlet.co.uk
5. Reduce heat loss from your head and cover up wet hair with a hat. We love the Huub Bobble Hat (£19.9.9) which as well as being super-warm and particularly stylish, also helps you show off your tri credentials!
Buy from huubdesign.com