What is a cold water swimming hat?
Similar to your classic silicone swimming cap, these hats are thicker and made from neoprene material. They will often have a neck loop or hood to ensure it stays on your head and has a snug fit for optimum insulation benefits. A minimum thickness of 3mm is recommended.
- How to adapt to cold water swimming and extend your open water swimming season into winter
- How to manage Raynaud’s Syndrome when open-water swimming
- Cold-water swim kit: 8 essential pieces to keep you warm and safe
- How to warm your cold body up after open-water swimming
- How do you prepare for open water swimming?
- Extreme triathlons: How to train for a tough and cold swim leg
Our top pick of swim hats still available
A hot commodity at the moment with open water swimming on the rise, these hats are hard to come by but don’t fear! We’ve found a selection of hats still in stock for you to choose from.
This Bluedive wetsuit hood is only £10.07. Designed for divers, this hood will also keep the keen open water swimmer tasty in cold waters with tits 3mm thickness.Buy from LightintheBox now.
A previous 220 favourite, this dhb Hydron Swim cap 2.0 is only £20. It is 3m thickness and gives good head coverage.
This C-skins £22.53 3mm swim cap has a sleek and professional look, hurry only XS still available. Buy from The Edge now.
If you’re after a discreet look, sans neck strap, then this Zone3 cap is the hat or you. At only £25, you get a lot of bang for your buck as this comes with a silicone cap which you tuck under the 4mm Yamamoto Smoothskin strapless hat. Buy from SwimInn now.
Looking for ways to keep your fingers and toes warm in the water to keep you swimming for longer? Check out our top affordable neoprene gloves and socks picks below: