Walnut and basil pesto
- Preparation and cooking time
- 75g walnuts
- 50g pack fresh basil leaves
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30g 30g parmesan cheese, grated
- Juice of half a lemon, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- STEP 1
Pound the basil leaves with the garlic and a pinch of sea salt in a pestle and mortar or blitz in a food processor.
- STEP 2
Add the walnuts, pepper and olive oil and pound or blitz again until the required consistency is achieved.
- STEP 3
Stir in the cheese and add the lemon juice. Season to taste. Use as a sauce for pasta, or with griddled aubergines, salmon, chicken or lamb chops, or spread on your sandwiches!