Check out this recipe if you’re looking for a quick hack to packing heaps of veg and nutrients into one meal for the whole family.
This vegetable tian is a dish layered with veggies, slow-cooked in the oven with herbs and garlic, with plenty of olive oil. Your seven-a-day in one dish.
- extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp
- leeks 2
- courgette 2, sliced thinly lengthways
- red pepper 2, quartered
- green pepper 2, quartered
- yellow pepper 2, quartered
- aubergine 1 large, sliced thinly lengthways
- celeriac root 1, sliced thinly
- large tomatoes 4, sliced thinly
- potatoes 2, sliced thinly
- cloves garlic 2, crushed
- sprigs fresh thyme 3-4
- gruyere cheese 50g, grated
Add protein - Make a thick white sauce with butter, milk and flour. Stir in grated cheese and 2 eggs. Pour over the tian and bake as above but without the foil.