- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4 - 6
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks
- 2 courgette sliced thinly lengthways
- 2 red pepper quartered
- 2 green pepper quartered
- 2 yellow pepper quartered
- 1 large aubergine sliced thinly lengthways
- 1 celeriac root sliced thinly
- 4 large tomatoes sliced thinly
- 2 potatoes sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 50g gruyere cheese grated
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. In a small frying pan, gently sauté the leeks until soft.
- STEP 2
In a large deep roasting dish, layer the vegetables so that they fit tightly together. After each layer, scatter over a few herbs, some garlic, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Press down all the layers with your hands.
- STEP 3
Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake in the oven for about 30mins. Remove the foil, sprinkle over the cheese and return to the oven for a further 20mins until the top is golden and the vegetables are tender.