Vegan Aubergine and Black Bean Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 1tsp black mustard seeds
- 2tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp tumeric
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 5 fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp salt
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 large aubergine, cubed
- 400g tin black beans, drained
- 50g fresh coriander
- 1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
- STEP 1
Sauté the onion in the oil until soft. Stir in the mustard seeds, chilli powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and salt, and cook for 2mins.
- STEP 2
Add the aubergine and stir fry for a few minutes to ensure the cubes are coated with the spices. Stir in the tomatoes and simmer, covered, for 15-20mins. Add the beans and 100ml water, and cook for another 5mins.
- STEP 3
Serve with coriander and either basmati rice, Naan bread or chapati.