Sweet potato, broccoli and chorizo tortilla
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4 large slices
- 1/2 head of broccoli, broken up into small florets
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 chorizo sausage, sliced fairly thinly
- 8 large eggs
- Pinch of hot smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- STEP 1
Cook the sweet potato and broccoli in a pan of salted boiling water until tender. I usually add the broccoli halfway through cooking the potato. Drain and set aside. Pre-heat the grill.
- STEP 2
Fry the chorizo and spring onion for 2-3mins. Add the sweet potato and broccoli and cook for another minute.
- STEP 3
In a bowl, season the eggs and beat with a fork until combined. Bring the pan back to a medium heat and pour the egg in. Move the mixture around with a spatula until the bottom of the tortilla is set and the top is still wobbly.
- STEP 4
Pop under the grill for a few mins to finish cooking the top. Run a knife or spatula around the edge of the tortilla to loosen. Place a large plate on top of the pan and flip over. The tortilla should come out of the pan onto the plate.