Chia, mango and pomegranate bircher
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus 2h or overnight to soak
- Serves 2
- 40g porridge oats
- 15g chia seeds
- 150ml your preferred milk
- A few drops vanilla essence (optional)
- 1 large mango or 3tbsp frozen mango, defrosted
- seeds of half a pomegranate
- 60ml natural yoghurt
- honey or maple syrup to serve
- STEP 1
The night before, or at least 2hrs before you want to eat, mix the oats and chia seeds in a bowl with the milk and vanilla, if using. Halve the mango, remove the stone and dice into small cubes. Mash half of the mango with a fork and stir into the mixture. Add the remaining mango cubes and the pomegranate seeds. Cover and refrigerate.
- STEP 2
When ready to eat, stir in the yoghurt. Transfer to bowls to serve, drizzle with honey or maple syrup and scatter with a few extra chia seeds and pomegranate seeds.