Swim For Tri are now providing coaching staff to the new OSS fitness sessions that are being rolled out across the UK.
The next new session is at the 90m long Jesus Green Lido in Cambridge, Mondays at 6:30pm. SFT Head Coach and 220 Triathlon resident swim expert, Dan Bullock, will be taking these sessions that blend a unique mix of fitness, open-water skills and technique. (More details can be found at http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/index.php?p=events&s=&id=35)
The OSS Manifesto (http://www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com/)
The Outdoor Swimming Society believes that it’s time British swimmers had more fun. In the early 1900s there were river swimming clubs and lidos all over the country, but outdoor swimming died out as indoor pools came in.
We believe it’s time to get back to the joy of swimming under an open sky. Water needs no roof! Our manifesto:
– We believe swimmers have too long been held in chlorined captivity! Everyone with a set of bathers should be set free to immerse themselves in nature
– We support all those keeping lidos open and lakes and rivers clean
– We promise to enlarge and celebrate the beauty of every day we can by going for a nice outdoor swim
– We pledge to take our friends with us so they can join
– We embrace the rejuvenating effects of cold water and undertake to strip and dip wherever we can