The Swedish Winter Sports Research Centre is running a Winter Triathlon Camp from 19-26 February in Östersund, Central Sweden.
Here’s what the centre had to say about their event…
Held in beautiful Östersund, home to world champion winter-sport athletes, this unique city in the heart of Jämtland boasts a wide range of outdoor activities.
Our unique winter triathlon camp is based at Östersund’s international stadium and research centre.
Led by a PHD sports scientist and European winter triathlon age-group gold medallist the camp provides top-level tuition and guiding from a range of experts, including international cross-country ski and mountain bike athletes designed with all ages and levels of athlete in mind (whether a beginner or an experienced cross-country skier), the camp aims to develop a new perception of training and racing in winter!
Included in the Camp:
· Coaching and Guiding – in cross-country skiing, mountain-biking and running on snow, with optional swimming in a heated, 25-m pool (all coaches speak great English too!)
· Physiological Lab Testing – including lactate threshold, economy and maximal exercise tests (on a treadmill or SRM cycle ergometer) at the Swedish Winter Sports Research Centre
· Sport Science Presentations – in training, nutrition and all components of winter triathlon
· Cross-Country Ski Equipment Rental – including skis, poles and boots throughout the week
· Accommodation – self-catering apartments at Camp Södergren, an elite athlete training residence at the international stadium (full- and half-board options are also available)
· Transfers – to and from Åre-Östersund Airport, as well as continued transportation throughout the week
Price per person: approx. £550 (specific details will be tailored to suit individual requirements).
· Optional Extras – e.g., DXA scan, sauna/spa, ice-skating, snow-shoeing, plus more…
· Mountain-bike hire is available (bring along your own shoes and pedals, if you like)
· Flights are not included, but flight information and advice can be provided on request
· Personal insurance is not included
If you have any questions or would like to book your place on our unique Winter Training Camp, please contact Kerry McGawley:
Mobile: +46 (0)70 399 9874 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org