Raelert out of New Orleans

Michael Raelert is out of this weekend's 70.3 with a thigh injury

Michael Raelert has pulled out of this weekend’s Ochsner Ironman 70.3 New Orleans on Sunday. “I’d love to take part,” the two-time winner of the Ironman 70.3 World Championship says. “But on this Sunday it would not make sense.” The 31-year-old is suffering from a slight thigh injury.
 
The two-time Ironman 70.3 world champion is now focused on the Thomas Cook Ironman 70.3 Mallorca in Alcudia on 12 May. “Last year, Andreas has shown a great performance in Alcudia – this year I want to follow in his footsteps as winner,” says Raelert. “My race plan now is fully focused on the Ironman 70.3 Mallorca and the PowerBar Ironman 70.3 Switzerland, Rapperswil-Jona.”
Advertisement