Ingram was recruited to triathlon from an elite running background through British Triathlon’s talent programme, trigold . She has made an impressive start to her multisport career this season, with 3rd at the Senec ITU Triathlon European Cup in May and 2nd at the Nancy ETU Duathlon European Championships in April.
Meanwhile, Adam Bowden came fifth in the men’s race, finishing in 1:43.51. Todd Leckie finished in tenth position, despite breaking both elbows on a training accident earlier this year.
Alanya ITU Triathlon Premium European Cup, Turkey
1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run
1. Rachel Klamer (NED) 01:54:42
2. Maria Czesnik (POL) 01:55:33
3. Katie Ingram (GBR) 01:56:23
1. Bart Aernouts (BEL) 01:43:29
2. Andrea D’Aquino (ITA) 01:43:31
3. Svyatoslav Tsvetkov (UKR) 01:43:39
5. Adam Bowden (GBR) 01:43:51
10. Todd Leckie (GBR) 01:44:14
29. Oly Stanley (GBR) 01:47:28