UK triathletes, your opinion is needed! A new survey aims to finds out more about the trends affecting our sport, and in return offers an impressive prize draw worth £7,500 in total.
The 160 prizes on offer include a week’s stay at Club La Santa in Lanzarote, £1,000-worth of Huub merchandise, a signed copy of the Brownlees’ ‘Swim, Bike, Run: Our Triathlon Story’ and a whole host of tri gear, including wetsuits, helmets, tri suits and running shoes.
Last year’s study by the Triathlon Industry Association gathered over 3,500 responses and found:
• Running is a core area for most respondents to get into tri
• Most are committed to tri, with over half training 5-10 hours per week over winter
• The average UK triathlete’s salary is £45,000
• The vast majority (83%) of triathletes are college or degree educated
• The South East and London are the UK’s dominant tri regions
The findings of this industry survey will be presented at the Triathlon Show, Sandown Park on Friday 28th February 2014 (more details on the show here).
The survey runs until the end of January, and can be entered here.