Human Race has announced their triathlon event calendar for the 2013 season. With many familiar and popular events returning, there are also some new events including the Wiggle Tri Challenge on 26 May.
The early season schedule sees the return of some old favourites including the Eton Super Sprints on 18th & 19th May and the Dorney Super Sprints a week later on 25th May. The flat conditions, both in the lake and underfoot, and Super Sprint distances, make these events ideal for first time triathletes as well as a perfect season opening tester for the more experience triathlete.
The new Wiggle Tri Challenge event on 26 May will offer a wider variety of distances including Sprint, 3Quarter and Olympic as well as relay options in both of the longer distances. Competitors entered in to some of the bigger mid-season triathlons such as the Toshiba Windsor Triathlon have also been signing up to utilise the May offering as part of their training and numbers are exceeding the levels of last year. The Toshiba Windsor Triathlon on 16 June is once again sold-out with over 2,500 competitors and will be covered by Channel 4.
Also returning is the unique Shock Absorber Women Only Triathlon on 14th July. The event, which welcomed over 1,400 participants in 2012, forms part of the wider Human Race Women Only Series that includes a run, swim and the Women Only cycling series, Cycletta.
With Human Race noticing demand increasing from beginner and first time triathletes, particularly since the Olympics, shorter distance and novice waves have been included within most of the Human Race events in 2013 to ensure participants of all abilities are catered for.
Human Race will once again be organising a host of cooperate triathlons including the Jones Lang Lasalle Property Triathlon (May), The Marketing Industry Triathlon (July) and the HSBC Triathlon, Duathlon and Scootathlon (Sept). Human Race has also once again been appointed to deliver the Jenson Button Trust Triathlon in July, which launched with great success in 2012.
Human Race’s commitment to driving Youth, Junior and Children’s events continues with the return of the SuperTri on 7th July for ages 8 – 19 alongside delivering 12 Scootathlon events throughout the year, in which children aged 4 – 8 Scoot, Bike and Run in triathlon-style taster events. Also highlighting the credentials of Human Race’s event delivery, the company has been selected by British Triathlon to host the British Triathlon Youth and Junior Super Series Triathlon on 26 May.
2013 will also see the company deliver their first triathlon event in the Caribbean, the St. Lucia Triathlon. The event, which is supported by British Olympic Legend Daley Thompson, is being billed as an end of season triathlon party. There’s three distances to choose from, The Dagger, The Pistol and The Cutlass and with sea temperatures expected to be around 27C participants are being told to leave their wetsuits at home!
For the full Human Race 2013 triathlon calendar see the list below or visit www.humanrace.co.uk/triathlon
· ETON SUPERSPRINT SATURDAY – 18TH MAY 2013
· THE JONES LANG LASALLE PROPERTY TRIATHLON – 17TH MAY 2013
· ETON SUPERSPRINT SUNDAY – 19TH MAY 2013
· TRIATHLON TRAINING DAY – 19TH MAY 2013
· DORNEY SUPERSPRINT – 25TH MAY 2013
· SHOCK ABSORBER WOMENONLY TRIATHLON TRAINING DAY – 26TH MAY 2013
· WIGGLE TRI CHALLENGE – 26TH MAY 2013
· BRITISH TRIATHLON YOUTH & JUNIOR SUPER SERIES TRI – 26TH MAY 2013
· TOSHIBA WINDSOR TRIATHLON – 16TH JUNE 2013
· MAA MARKETING INDUSTRY TRIATHLON – 5TH JULY 2013
· STEELMAN TRIATHLON – 6TH JULY 2013
· SUPERTRI CHILDREN'S, YOUTH & JUNIOR TRIATHLON – 7TH JULY 2013
· LIDL BANANAMAN TRIATHLON – 13TH JULY 2013
· SHOCK ABSORBER WOMENONLY TRIATHLON – 14TH JULY 2013
· JENSON BUTTON TRUST TRIATHLON – 14TH JULY 2013
· DIAMOND TRI – 8TH SEPTEMBER 2013
· HSBC TRIATHLON – 15TH SEPTEMBER 2013
· ST. LUCIA TRIATHLON – 22ND TO 23RD NOVEMBER 2013