Heavy snow warning for Clumber Classic Duathlon

There's a possibility that this weekend's event may need to be rearranged for safety reasons

With heavy snow forecast for this weekend, organisers of the Clumber Park Classic Duathlon are doing everything they can to ensure that the event can still go ahead. However, there is a possibility that the event may need to be rearranged for safety reasons. A final decision will be made at 3pm tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.


The Clumber Duathlon is acting as a qualification event for the Great Britain Age Group team for the sprint and standard distance events at the 2013 ITU Duathlon World Championships in Ottawa, Canada in August. With this in mind, the event will take place on the alternative date of 11 May if the decision is to postpone Saturday’s race.

Organiser, Iain Hamilton commented: “We’re at Clumber Park today and still hopeful of the event going ahead. We are working closely with the park and local authorities to do everything we can. However, we are mindful that many competitors are travelling from across the country and that travel may become difficult if the forecasted snow arrives as predicted.”


All competitors will be contacted directly tomorrow afternoon to confirm whether the event will go ahead. News will also be posted on the One Step Beyond website, triathlon sites and British Triathlon. All competitors will be offered a transfer into the event on 11 May or the 2014 Clumber Park Classic Duathlon.