Challenge Melbourne sells out in a week
Spots for new long-distance Aussie race taken in less than seven days
The successful launch of Challenge Family with three Challenge events into Australia continues with Challenge Melbourne selling out today with over 1,200 competitors.
"I couldn’t be happier with the response from athletes and industry people to the announcement of Challenge Melbourne," said David Hansen, Challenge Melbourne director. “The emails and phone calls of encouragement have been overwhelming and to now sell out the event in less than a week of opening entries is humbling.”
The inaugural Challenge Melbourne event will take place on February 2, 2014.
Last week the Challenge Family announced their re-entry into the Australian triathlon scene with Challenge Melbourne, Challenge Forster and Challenge Bateman’s Bay.
The Challenge Forster event is currently open for entries and continues to fill quickly as athletes rush to make sure they are apart of this traditional event.
“Athletes care about tradition and love to recall history, so for Challenge Forster to allow the new generation of athletes to experience the course on which our sport was built is very exciting,” said Mark Emerton, Challenge Forster and Challenge Bateman’s Bay race director. “Entries are pouring in and I would expect the race to fill very soon. We’re also really pleased with the way Bateman’s Bay entries are going so early on.
Challenge Forster will take place in the idyllic twin towns of Forster-Tuncurry on the NSW Mid-North Coast on Sunday November 24, 2013 while Challenge Bateman’s Bay will be held on March 16, 2014. Challenge Bateman’s Bay entries opened today, Monday.
Entries to Challenge Forster and Challenge Bateman's Bay are currently opened to the general public at www.challenge-australia.com.au
For further information on Challenge Family, please visit www.challenge-family.com