Triathlon gear can be pricey, so shopping the Black Friday sales is a great way to save some money.
The number of product discounts seems to get bigger every year and there are plenty of opportunities to bag a bargain. Whether you’re on the lookout for a new bicycle, clothing or electrical items, you’ll be able to find a bargain online.
To help you find the best Black Friday triathlon deals, we’ve listed the retailers to bookmark. Here’s everything you need to know if you’re hoping to invest in some new triathlon kit.
When is Black Friday 2021?
This money-saving day always falls on the Friday after Thanksgiving in the US. This year, it’s the 26 November but, as you’ve probably noticed, retailers tend to start launching deals earlier every year.
Best Black Friday triathlon deals
The big day is here, so there are fantastic discounts across a massive range of triathlon gear. Check out our favourite deals below.
Zoggs Predator Flex Swimming Goggles – Various discounts
Zoggs is a respected brand in the swimming goggles market and has discounted its Predator Flex models ahead of Black Friday. There are a few colour options available, but they all have a number of useful features.
Thanks to Zoggs’ exclusive ‘advanced ultra-fit gasket’, the goggles should form a tight seal against the face without creating a build-up of pressure. They’re also created with 3D Flexpoint Technology, exclusive to the Predator Flex model, which makes for a comfortable fit.
These goggles are particularly well-suited for triathletes who train outdoors in open water. They’re designed with UV protection and polarised lenses to shield the eyes from harm caused by natural light and glare coming off the water. Plus, they’ve got anti-fog properties to keep your view clear.
Tacx Neo 2T Smart Trainer
If you’ve had your eye on a smart trainer, now’s the time to bag a bargain. The Tacx Neo 2T is the highest performing direct-drive trainer on the market, so it’s worth a look this Black Friday.
If you opt for this model, you’ll get an authentic cycling experience with realistic road resistance. Plus, this version can accurately track your performance to help you improve.
220 Triathlon subscription – Save 51%
Get 13 issues of 220 Triathlon for just for just £34.99. Subscribe and save this Black Friday weekend! Subscribe now.
Dhb Hydron Wetsuit 2.0
- Buy now from Wiggle (£75.00)
This discount has to be one of the most exciting Black Friday triathlon deals on offer, with more than 35% off the original price. It’s dhb’s most popular wetsuit, and triathletes love it for its flexibility and buoyancy. In fact, we gave it a score of 87% when we reviewed it recently (read our dhb Hydron review here).
To maximise comfort and provide stretch in the right places, the thickness of the neoprene fabric varies across the wetsuit. The material is 2mm deep across the back and arms, increasing to 2.5mm on the thighs and 3mm through the torso and hips.
The zip on the back is easily accessible, making transition quick and simple.
Wahoo Kickr V5 Smart Turbo Trainer
- Buy now from Sigma Sports (£899.99)
Black Friday offers a rare opportunity to get a Wahoo Kickr turbo trainer at a great discount. You can save £100 on this V5 model at the moment through Sigma Sports.
For £899.99, you can get your hands on an advanced piece of kit. This turbo trainer runs almost silently while accurately replicating the feeling of cycling outdoors with 2,200 watts of power. It can also simulate inclines of up to 20% and descents of -10%.
Plus, you can connect it to almost any training app to track your performance.
Blueseventy Thermal Swim Gloves
- Buy now from Sigma Sports (£24.00)
Here’s an opportunity to pick up a great pair of thermal swimming gloves for a fraction of their usual price. These are made with neoprene finished with a metal cell liner, a thin silver layer of the same fabric designed to limit the gloves’ water absorption and retain heat.
One of the best aspects of these thermal swim gloves is their long cuffs, which makes it easy to tuck them into your wetsuit for protection against the elements.
ZCCO Unisex 3mm Neoprene Diving Socks
- Buy now from Light In The Box (£5.65)
With a massive 70% discount, these neoprene diving socks are worth a look as we approach Black Friday. They’re a versatile set, suitable for both men and women, as well as for use in a range of different activities, including swimming, surfing and scuba diving.
Choose these socks for their 3mm-thick neoprene and nylon construction, giving you vital extra warmth. They’re also breathable, flexible and quick-drying for added convenience.
COROS PACE 2 Premium GPS Sport Watch – Various discounts
If you’re after a wearable fitness tracker, the Coros Pace 2 is a great option (read our Coros Pace 2 review here). With a weight of just 29g, it launched as the lightest GPS watch on the market, so you can almost forget you’re wearing it.
This model is also water resistant in depths of up to 50m and has outstanding battery life; it’ll last for 20 days with regular use. Plus, there’s a handy night mode, so you can continue using the watch during early-morning and late-night sports sessions.
You can also make use of the various free triathlon training programmes developed by the brand’s own coaches.
Nike Boys Hydrastrong Solid Jammer Swim Shorts
On top of the many Black Friday triathlon deals for adults, there are plenty of great discounts for young, budding athletes too.
These chlorine-resistant jammer swim shorts are a versatile staple to keep in any boy’s wardrobe. They have a close fit for streamlined movement through the water, as well as an adjustable drawstring waist to provide a comfortable fit.
The shorts are available in a selection of sizes for boys between six and 16 years old.
Where to find the best Black Friday triathlon deals
Black Friday starts earlier every year, so there are already a lot of great discounts available out there. If you’re looking to nab a few bargains yourself, bookmark these pages – or start browsing now…
- Wiggle is a fantastic place to find triathlon gear, as it has an entire section of its website dedicated to the sport. Browse everything from wetsuits to fitness trackers and nutrition packs.
- Decathlon has a great selection of Black Friday discounts to check out.
- SportsShoes.com sells a huge range of clothing and accessories for a variety of different sports – despite its name! Check out its current Black Friday deals, with savings of between 30% and 80%.
- Adidas is a trusted brand when it comes to sportswear. Take a look at its Black Friday triathlon page to grab kit at a discounted price.
- Chain Reaction is the place to go for all things cycling and it’s already launched hundreds of Black Friday deals.
- Pactimo specialises in cycling gear and is offering up to 67% off its product prices for Black Friday 2021.
- Runnerinn products are on sale with up to 15% off their original price. The retailer sells everything you need for triathlon training. Shoes, clothing and electronics all have money-saving discounts.
- Runderwear is celebrating Black Friday 2021 by offering 25% off all its running gear. Just use the code BF25 to access the discount.
- Polar is offering 20% off nearly all its fitness trackers, GPS watches and bike computers between the 22nd and 29th November.
- Pulseroll has launched a 30% discount across its massage and recovery equipment.
- Rutland Cycling is advertising up to 25% off some of its cycling equipment.
- Halfords’ Black Friday page is the place to look if you’re planning to invest in a new bike or cycling accessories. You can get a £10 e-voucher if you spend £50 or more, dependent on certain conditions.
- Le Col is running huge Black Fridays sales with premium cycling clothing up to 40%, grab yourself some new kit while stocks last.