British Triathlon is pleased to invite bids from event organisers in England, Scotland and Wales to host British Age-Group Championships and Great Britain Age-Group Team qualification events in 2014.
The annual bidding process gives event organisers of permitted triathlon, duathlon and aquathlon events across the Home Nation Associations the opportunity to host races that make up the British Triathlon Age-Group Major Events Programme. Organisers in England are also invited to bid for the opportunity to host a Triathlon England – National Championship event.
As the sport continues its impressive growth, entries to championships and qualifiers continue to prove popular and are an excellent way for organisers to attract new participants to their event.
The following British Championships are included in the bidding process:
• British Age-Group Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships
• British Age-Group Middle Distance Triathlon Championships
The following Triathlon England – National Championships are also included in the bidding process:
• Triathlon England – National Duathlon Championships
• Triathlon England – National Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships
• Triathlon England – National Standard Distance Triathlon Championships
• Triathlon England – National Middle Distance Triathlon Championships
• Triathlon England – National Triathlon Club Relay Championships
• Triathlon England – National Aquathlon Championships
• Triathlon England – National Cross Duathlon Championships
British Triathlon will also host a British Age-Group Standard Distance Triathlon Championships and British Age-Group Duathlon Championships in 2014.
British Triathlon is also seeking bids from organisers wishing to host sprint and standard distance qualification events for the 2014 ETU Duathlon European Championships in the autumn of 2013. Three qualifiers over each distance are required, and can take place anytime between September 2013 and January 2014.
Organisers wishing to be considered should email email@example.com to express their interest no later than the 5 August 2013.