Garmin have released a new GPS smartwatch with a vibrant AMOLED screen and one of the broadest range of 24/7 health monitoring features available. With a battery life of up to 6 days in smartwatch mode and rapid charging in between, Venu users don’t miss out on valuable health insights.
“We’re thrilled to announce Garmin’s first smartwatch with an AMOLED display,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “Venu breathes life and color into live watch faces and animated workouts.In keeping with Garmin standards, all of this is achieved without sacrificing battery life.”
The Venu’s range of 24/7 health monitoring features include advanced sleep with pulse ox1, new respiration tracking, abnormal heart rate alerts, menstrual cycle tracking, stress tracking with relax reminders, new hydration tracking, new breathwork activities and more. Innovative Body BatteryTM energy monitoring lets users check energy levels at any given moment, which can help with scheduling workouts, rest times and sleep.
Animated and customised workouts
Venu’s AMOLED screen brings workouts to life with 40+ on-device animated workouts for strength training, cardio, yoga and Pilates. These easy-to-follow workouts demonstrate proper form and technique right on the user’s wrist.
The Venu’s robust suite of workout options includes preloaded workouts on the watch, preset workouts available to download from Garmin ConnectTM, and “create your own” customisable workouts. Whether training for a 5K or Ironman, the Venu is compatible with Garmin Coach, free training plans adapted to a runner’s goals and performance, complete with a virtual personal trainer for added motivation.
With GPS, ElevateTM wrist-based heart rate2, and over 20 built-in indoor and outdoor sports apps including Pilates, yoga, running, pool swimming, golf and more, the Venu is packed with features to keep up with a varied and active lifestyle.
Advanced sleep with respiration and Pulse Ox
When it’s time to wind down, advanced sleep monitoring estimates light, deep and REM stages of sleep. New respiration tracking measures the number of breaths per minute, and Pulse Ox gauges blood oxygen saturation levels. Together, this data can demonstrate sleep quality. Upon awakening, users can review their sleep stats in Garmin Connect to see whether they are getting the quality sleep they need to feel rested and recharged the next day.
Smart features of the Venu:
- Notifications: Receive smart notifications3 for incoming calls, text messages, social media updates, calendar reminders and more. Android users can reply to text messages from the device.
- Music: Download songs or playlists4, including those from third-party music services like Spotify, Amazon Music, and Deezer, right to the wrist.
- Safety and tracking: Incident detection (during select activities3) and assistance3 send real-time location to emergency contacts.
- Garmin PayTM with Transit: Contactless payment solution5 lets users leave their cash and cards at home.Garmin Pay can now be used at major transit systems around the world. Users simply tap and pay-per-ride with their watch – no transit card, phone or wallet needed.
- Personalisation: Choose from a variety of gorgeous live watch faces, apps and widgets from the Garmin Connect IQTM store app. Users can even upload their own photos and turn them into watch faces.
- Compatibility: Use Venu with almost any smartphone (compatible with AndroidTM and Apple® devices).
The suggested RRP in the UK and Ireland is between £299 and £329.99 (€349.99 and €379.99) depending on the model. Visit www.garmin.com for more information