Behold the new Adidas miCoach Smart Run, available stateside next month for $399 and promising to give runners “everything they need in one device”.
This is no idle claim either: features include GPS tracking, heart rate monitoring via Mio optical technology (which our reviewer deemed “good” in issue 289), an MP3 player and real-time coaching via Adidas’s miCoach training system.
Key features include:
• Real-time continuous heart rate measurement from the wrist
• GPS for pace, distance and route logging
• Built-in accelerometer for stride rate measurement
• WLAN sync with miCoach platform for training planning and history/lifetime stats tracking
• TFT LCD colour screen
• Intuitive touch screen navigation
• Bluetooth audio for music and coaching
• Customisable training data screens
• Strength and flexibility coaching videos
• Watch and timer function
• Manual and automatic laps
• Over the air feature updates
• 4GB data memory for music and workouts
The touchscreen-toting Smart Run weighs 80g and promises around four hours uptime in Training mode, or double that in Marathon mode.
It is expected to be available online in the UK from the middle of November.