What is Triathlonguard insurance?
Triathlonguard is a specialist insurance product that has been developed in consultation with triathletes as well as those who work in the triathlon industry.
It provides insurance for you and your equipment whilst training and competing, whether that is in the UK or abroad.
>>> Triathlon insurance – an introduction
>>> What is Triathlonguard insurance?
>>> Home insurance vs. Triathlonguard
>>> New kit for Christmas
>>> New season preparation
>>> Travelling abroad
>>> Harry Wiltshire: 'As an athlete I need to focus all my attention on training'
220: Why should triathletes consider specific insurance?
Triathlonguard: many people assume that their bike and other related equipment will be covered by their household insurance policy. However, many household insurers are unable to provide cover for bikes and related equipment used whilst competing.
So, for example, if you lose an item in transition, your frame cracks out on the bike course or you tear your wetsuit in the haste to get it off in good time you will be responsible yourself for replacing all of it.
However, by insuring through a specialist triathlon insurance provider, we can take all of the hassle of repair or replacement away from you and we can even manage it alongside your preferred bike or equipment provider**. After all, it’s when you make a claim that you experience the value of a good Insurance policy.
220: What do triathletes get for their money?
Triathlonguard: Our packages can be personalised to meet your individual needs so it really depends on what you want to include in your cover. Here are some of the benefits that are available:
• Flexible cover options – create the cover you want
• Cover whilst competing – covering your bike and triathlon equipment beyond the limitations of most household insurance covers
• No bike lock requirements during organised triathlon events – ensuring your transition time doesn’t get penalised
• Theft and Accidental Damage cover on bikes up to £10,000 in value^
• Multi Bike Discount – cover up to three bikes on one policy
• Triathlon accessories covered up to £1,000 – choose from three different levels of cover
• Triathlon clothing covered if it’s lost in the transition area – automatically included within our Triathlonguard Accessories option
• Covered whilst competing, training or riding for leisure
• EU and Worldwide cover available – perfect for covering international training camps or races
• Optional liability cover
** subject to approval of supplier by Triathlonguard claims team
^ over £10,000 can be looked at on an individual referral basis
Triathlonguard is a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Lloyds Broker. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. A JLT Group company. Registered office: The St Botolph Building, 138 Houndsditch, London EC3A 7AW. Registered in England No 00338645, VAT No. 244 2321 96.