Calling all triathletes in/near Edinburgh!
Live near Edinburgh in Scotland and want to train in a professionalised squad with access to sponsorship from companies and mentoring from top coaches and athletes? Then the tri club Edinburgh Triathletes want to hear from you
Triathletes of Scotland! Do you want to:
- Train in a professionalised squad with 121 coaching up to 9 times per week from an award-winning coach?
- Receive sponsorship from companies like CLIF Bar, Aquasphere, MP swimwear and Forth edge?
- Get regular mentoring, education sessions, socials, free facility usage as well as accessing a network of over 200 athletes and coaches through membership of one of the biggest and oldest clubs in the country?
If so…One of the oldest tri clubs in Scotland, Edinburgh Triathletes, is set to launch a new adult age-group performance squad for athletes of all distances seeking a more professionalised training environment and coaching support.
The new squad will be sponsored by Simpson & Marwick, one of the biggest solicitor estate agents in Edinburgh and East Lothian (www.simpsonmarwick.com) and built on the foundations of the highly successful JETS squad which produced 66 GB age-group performances, 11 medallist, multiple 70.3 podium finishers and Scottish, British, European and World age-group champions as well as awards for both coaching and athletic achievement across the last 5 years.
Previous JETS and new ET Squad coach Joel Enoch says “While the JETS had been more successful than I could have possibly imagined, there seemed to be a better opportunity to support triathletes and grow opportunities for both athletes and coaches by relaunching as part of a large and well established club such as ET. One of the weaknesses of the JETS set up was that it was a bit isolated from the wider Triathlon community, but the new ET squad offers an exciting opportunity to support squad athletes more fully, in a more sustainable manner that also benefits the wider club athletes as well as offering for more advantages for sponsors. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to develop this new coaching environment with the rest of the ET committee and membership”.
The focus for the club now turns to establishing a roster of athletes who want to take advantage of this initiative and they are keen to hear from any triathletes based in or around Edinburgh who are interested in applying for the upcoming 2020 season. Training is due to start on Tuesday the 29th of October 2019 (so time is of the essence) and ET aim to build athlete numbers over the following weeks establishing a full squad of 13-15 athletes by Christmas.
The aim is to offer a professionalised training environment to amateur athletes at the best value possible. Squad athletes will receive:
- Up to 9 coached sessions per week (swim, bike, run, brick and S&C)
- Regular programme of mentoring and 121 sessions (individualised approach)
- Education/Athlete development sessions
- Technique video analysis sessions
- Sports psychology training
- WKO Training metrics analysis
- Athlete handbook and training session library
- Free access to squad facilities for sessions
- Sponsor benefits (From partners such as CLIF Bar etc)
- Discounted massage, nutritional profiling and S&C support
- Free ET Tri-suit
- Online group and individual planning and monitoring documents to track progression
- Squad socials and annual awards
- Access to squad WattsApp group
- Access to squad turbos for indoor sessions
- Access to ‘full’ coaching (limited places and at additional coast)
The cost for this will be just £137.50 per 4-week block (12 blocks per year), in addition to the £110 ET Gold Membership fee (which in turn gives members additional discounts).
Is it for you? The ET squad is about establishing a group of individuals who want to excel together towards international competition or qualification (GB AG, 70.3 or IM); but personality and mindset are most important. Ask yourself, are you:
- Committed to – Your training, growth, long term development, coaching process and racing?
- Questioning – Will you try new things to get new (and improved) results?
- Trusting – able to place yourself in the hands of a coach and an annual training process?
- Professional – Becoming ‘elite’ in what you do in training and how you do it?
- Positive – Enthusiastic about the opportunities you are presented with. Someone who avoids negative talk?
- Growth minded – Looking to improve your performance in all areas as much as possible?
If this seems like an exciting opportunity you would be keen to explore, we want to hear from you. Even if you aren’t sure, ET would be very happy to talk it though with you and you can try a few sessions for free before you commit.
If interested, email Squad Coach Joel Enoch: email@example.com
ET will be reviewing applications over the coming weeks and having conversations with athletes from the week of the 21st of October onwards.