If you’re racing an Ironman later this summer, then the Dulux Trade London Revolution could provide a worthy gauge of your long-distance bike fitness.
The event takes place on 12-13th May around London, and has a mix of distances and packages on offer, including:
• All inclusive weekender - (300km, 2 days riding, camping, massages, breakfast and dinner, festival pass)
• Essential weekender - (300km, 2 days riding, camping, festival pass)
• Just Ride - (300km, 2 days riding, festival pass)
• Oracle Ultra - (300km, 1 day, festival pass)
• South London Leg – Saturday 160km (no camping)
• North London Leg - Sunday 140km (no camping)
• Charity - (for CRUK and Gold Charity Partners)
The organisers have confirmed that participation in the 300km Oracle Ultra event has increased almost ten-fold in its second year.
Oracle Ultra riders set off very early from Windsor Racecourse on the Saturday morning and cycle 300km clockwise around London. They will cycle through the Chiltern Hills, Epping Forest, the City of London, out over the North Downs and back to where they began and the Windsor Racecourse festival camp.
There they'll join riders taking part in the two-day 300km Dulux Trade London Revolution Weekender, who start their journey at the Lee Valley Athletics Centre in London, camp on Saturday night and complete the route on Sunday.
The route is varied, with testing climbs and sweeping descents, London landmarks, views across the Downs, leafy lanes and picturesque villages.
The event is fully supported. Cyclists receive training plans and there's a sign-posted route, regular pit stops, delicious food and drink, chaperones and medical and mechanical support.
At the Windsor Racecourse festival camp friends and family can join riders to kick back and relax with the Kids Zone, bouncy castles, face painting, chill-out tents, live music, bars, food and drink and retail stalls with a fantastic range of exhibitors as well as live music.
More information is available at www.london-revolution.com