8 Christmas gift ideas for triathletes
Gifts for your club-mates (or for yourself, if you drop enough hints!)
1 We’ve long been fans of hip US tri tee brand Endurance Conspiracy, who offer a range of casual multisport and cycling wear like this tee (£22) from their home in Boulder.
2. Everyone needs a new pair of socks for Christmas, so why not go for the CEP Nighttech compression socks, (£39.99)? These offer reflective dots, targeted medi compression and close-fitting foot sections aimed at blister-free running.
3 Still storing your multisport medals in a biscuit tin? Enter The Runner’s Wall with their Multi Tier (£34) and stainless steel medal display hanger.
4. Written in collaboration with 220, Chrissie Wellington’s latest book, To the Finish Line, £18.99, is filled with training and nutrition tips, easily-applicable advice and inside triathlon info from the four-time and undefeated Ironman world champion. An inspirational read.
5. Ebay is awash with multisport mugs to show off in the work space, with this one from Lima Lima, £7.99, dishwasher and microwave safe.
6. A useful piece of kit for triathletes the Dry Robe should be your essential training companion and your protection against the cold when changing out of training or wet kit.
7. Okay, it’s not tri, but this updated book (priced is £14.99) more than enough to whet the appetite for some single-discipline run racing in 2018. Biggies such as London and Berlin are here, but it’s the off-beat ventures in India and the Arctic that really stir the interest. The lay-out is clear and the difficulty rankings are appreciated.
8. This Fat Lad at the Back tri-suit (£99.99) is fun, flattering suit for the larger triathlete, who are often neglected by many brands.