Neutral Zone?

6 messages
18/08/2010 at 18:16
I'm doing the Highland Warrior Triathlon on the 12th Sep, and the pre-race info mentions a neutral zone into and out of transition. What's that then?

Fastest loser 2010
18/08/2010 at 18:41
Isnt that between Starfleet and the Romulan Empire? Keep an eye out for Klingons!

[img:2qyjmmmk]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb21710/common/skins/common/blank.gif[/img:2qyjmmmk]

[Sorry, not much use]
ris
18/08/2010 at 18:55
it might be an untimed area where the rules on drafting etc don't apply.

bridgtown cona testa tri team - proudly finishing at the back

most disturbing in lycra award, 2010, 2012, 2013

18/08/2010 at 20:10
My guess is that there will be neutral helpers with wetsuit removal and possibly neutral helpers to take your bike at the dismount point who will rack them.

But yeah - watch out for those Romulans, devious buggers, Klingons are OK upfront when they want to rip your head off.

It seemed like a good idea at the time!!

Go Team Timmy
19/08/2010 at 11:37
Thanks for the replies, guess I'll need to wait for the pre-race briefing before I find out... on the plus side they provide a free dinner the night before I think! Not sure whether to trust it, or stick with my own nutrition... back to worries about those kilngons...

Fastest loser 2010
20/08/2010 at 19:28
Suggest you coat your wetsuit in TEFLON.

Everyone knows that the ideal anti-Klingon agent is TEFLON.

Possibly the neutral zone will be an untimed area,due to an unexpected hazard such as a road,or poor surface.You are timed out of the water.Enter the neutral zone(phazers set at stun) walk to transition,enter transition and your time starts again.Occassionally these crop up due to roadworks,level crossings,etc,so it makes it fairer for all.

Only the true self,which transcends the personal,lays claim to immortality.
Your say
email image