Goody bags and whats in it

11 messages
28/09/2009 at 18:10
Not the reason we all do this but

I've had all sorts this year, drinks bottles, t shirts ( all tho in some races this was extra), and a bottle of beer( still cant get my head around that one).

But if you entered a race, at a cost of 35 quid what would you think is a good stash in a goody bag.

at 35 quid i recon you should have a bottle and a t shirt plus the usual gels, powder drink etc.

Any one get anything way out there this year

Highworth 2008-400,20,5(1.29.05)
Dorchester tri 09-400,23,6(1.30.08)
Weymouth Sprint 09-750,20,5, 2009(1.43.10)
Crewkerne super sprint 09-(43.57)
Highworth Tri 09-400,20,5(1.26.19)
ris
28/09/2009 at 18:29
i've had a medal, a white towel, a technical tee and a bag, a cotton tee and a purple towel, and a bottle of beer out of the races i've done this year.

the beer was defintitely the best one, although i quite liked the purple towel i got at faringdon.

most of my races were pretty budget (only one was over £30) so if i come away with very little i don't mind. i'm there to race and have fun, not stock up on spare clothes and gels, although they all help!

bridgtown cona testa tri team - proudly finishing at the back

most disturbing in lycra award, 2010, 2012, 2013

28/09/2009 at 19:35
the hever castle goody bag yesterday included conditioner for coloured hair
28/09/2009 at 22:34
Sounds like Mr S Burrows should have done hever then. Iy must be hard t keep hair pink!

I have had 2 gatorade bottles standard friut ofthe loom T shirt's some flapjack andloads of leaflets for some bizaire local attractions!

I would like to get a selection of gels a forgoodnesshake or 2 maybe a discount card for thelocal tri shop.

Only the mind sets the limits! I dont mind at all!!!!
29/09/2009 at 10:38
To start with, having enough bags for the number of competitors would be good. Are you reading this Wrecsam Tri?

I've had a really nice T-shirt and a drink and a T - shirt and a recovery bar, that's the best I've seen.

Triathlon? Simples!
29/09/2009 at 12:34
Best i've had was at Ilkley - Puma t shirt, number belt, energy bars etc.
Worst at the ampleforth MTB tri - couple of leaflets and an inner tube which strangely was for a road bike.
for the most expensive race i've done, all off road so no road closures / police costs etc. this was very poor.

70.3 done, waiting til i'm 40 to do the full monty

29/09/2009 at 18:13
Best I've had was at Graniteman HIM in Guernsey this year.
Got a bag, Technical T, Mug with the Graniteman Logo, Number belt, loads of Powerbar Gels / Bars (literally dozens) and a Graniteman badge which my daughter was over the moon with.
Not bad as entry was only £55
29/09/2009 at 19:39
who finds a race for £35
i did liverpool tri for £56....no goody bag...just a medal
tatton park was £58....bag had a training shirt...drinks bottle and some gels and leaflets....no medal

I'd rather have a medal

i refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

http://andysironmanattempt.blogspot.com/
30/09/2009 at 13:34
done quite a few races this season and had very mixed goodie bag and I have worked out is doesn't depend on how much you pay on the quality of the bag.

most expensive was at dorney and got a crap tee shirt , free drink and a pair of goggles
had two good ones weatherby and ripon a wetsuit bay and a tee shirt and a thermal mug and tee shirt and oil for the bike.

overall we don't do the races for the freebies but they do help

Another weekend must mean it race time again
30/09/2009 at 13:54
Are there any events for people in the London area that are lower than £45?
Please advise if yes.

Have done Dorney lake x 2 and got a shirt in each (220 evening series and FGS event) -
London for £72 was a Gatorade bottle.
2 shirts and a sports bottle for over £160 - quite pathetic.
30/09/2009 at 18:27
I'd rather have no goodie bag and cheaper entry. What am I meant to do with so many t-shirts, anyway?

Brigg last weekend had two tri magazines (old ish issues though), t shirt, banana.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body. http://www.hdcc.co.uk

Your say
email image