BBC Tri coverage

41 messages
14/08/2009 at 14:58
Just browsing the TV listings for the week and see there's 3 hours of live coverage of Hyde Park tomorrow.

Wondering how the commentators are going to fill the time and which cliches are going to emerge...

Has he/she gone too soon?
they call transition the fourth discipline you know
You'll see the elite attach their shoes to their pedals

Any more?

I love the smell of neoprene in the morning. Smells like....triathlon
14/08/2009 at 15:10
Live Triathlon
BBC1 London 1:00pm-4:30pm (3 hours 30 minutes) Sat 15 Aug
ITU World Championship Series Graham Bell presents coverage of the men's race in the sixth round of the ITU World Championship Series, staged in Hyde Park, London. Britain's Alistair Brownlee starts the event second in the standings, 93 points behind Maik Petzold of Germany, and will be looking to repeat his form of earlier in the season, when he won the second and third rounds of the campaign in Madrid and Washington. Plus, highlights of this morning's women's event. With commentary by Matt Chilton
14/08/2009 at 15:33
anyone going to watch it in person? anyone know if you need tickets for the grandstand? can't find links anywhere
14/08/2009 at 15:46
I think you are giving them too much credit silverback, I'm expecting the likes of
"Its TRI-athlon, that means its 3 sports",
"what? all at the same time?"
14/08/2009 at 15:58
Desperately trying to work out what the equivalent of jumpers for goal posts would be-choppers for carbon with 78deg seat angle?

md6
14/08/2009 at 16:17
I'm going to possibly watch this if i can get the GAT officer off my back for a few hours that afternoon...although I doubt it. There's nothing on the site about tickets i don't think,

Run hard, run fast, don't die...

14/08/2009 at 16:58
I was going to watch this down at Hyde Park but the misses decided that this weekend was the ONLY weekend we can invite our friends and godson round for a bbq.

Gonna have to record it I think... Also, London Tri on Channel 4 Sunday morning 8am.

All the fear, no idea.
14/08/2009 at 17:16
probably miss them both as I am marshalling this weekend (at Pewsey) including staurday set up. iplayer etc are marvelous things!

Hollie Avill was interviewed on R4 this monring wrt tomorrow; it was fairly naff questioning to be honest e.g. what would you excel at if you could only do one discipline? Err... that's the point... there is more than one! She effectively but very subtly and politely bascially said that

didds
14/08/2009 at 17:19
Hey didds - I was writing the below as you posted:

What I heard this morning was Holly Avil being interviewed on Radio 4 and asked if she only focused on one of the disciplines, which one would it be and how good could she become at it?

What an utterly pointless question. At least she dealt with it with dignity, explaining that although she could rack up some competitive times on the running track, she is interested in triathlon as a sport. Triathlon.

The BBC simply cannot get its pretty little head around it at all.

blurredgirl

Lost in transition
jac
14/08/2009 at 17:48
Let's hope they don't mis-count the number of laps they've done! That bike looks very dull. Good for spectators I suppose but eight 5k laps around Hyde Park can't be great.
14/08/2009 at 19:37
Is it definitely going to be on iplayer? The BBC can be notoriously crap at posting sports stuff they have on to that beautiful idea!!!

If anyone is recording it onto DVD or video, I may want a copy as I won't be able to watch it any capacity. Truly gutted about it as well. :roll:

Damn the man!!!
14/08/2009 at 21:54
i had rather presumed it would be on iplayer I must admit!

didds
mu
14/08/2009 at 21:57
Looking forward to the weekend. I'm marshalling down at Hyde Park on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully the race will be on the iPlayer, otherwise I'll miss the fun elsewhere on the course.
15/08/2009 at 14:47
DING DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER

"The swim was extremely flat"
15/08/2009 at 14:50
You couldn't make this stuff up.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body. http://www.hdcc.co.uk

15/08/2009 at 15:08
gomez is down! by the look of those grazes it looks pretty nasty.

And has anyone else noticed that gomez was looking a bit chunkier than usual?
15/08/2009 at 15:17
i love the fact the brownlees are there.......both looking nothing more than boys.......but performing brilliantly.

love this sport
15/08/2009 at 15:29
Anyone up for a tri drinking game?

Pick an athlete-everytime name gets mentioned, take a sip...

Hic

15/08/2009 at 15:36
2:35 "transition is the fourth discipline" -why'd it take so long?

15/08/2009 at 15:37
There it is, it took an hour or so.

"Its swim, bike, run but some say transition is the 4th discipline"

Come on Don, brownlee x 2 and clarke! With no gomez, kahlafelt, shoemaker its got to be brownlee's.