Seat posts

8 messages
11/04/2009 at 04:46
Again to do with my recent bike fitting, but I was advised to buy a new seat post that would position the seat further forward than it is currently is. Can anyone advise me what this type of seat post is called and does anyone have a link to one so that I can see what it looks like? Have looked at Wiggle but cant really seem to see any difference in the posts.

And it all started with the big bang......
11/04/2009 at 05:03
I think there are a few options but the Thomson Elite springs to mind.

You could look at one with zero setback like those from Easton, I have an EC70 zero on my road bike.
Edited: 11/04/2009 at 04:03
11/04/2009 at 05:03

11/04/2009 at 05:20
So, for clarification, I should be buying an "inline" seatpost which will move my saddle forward towards the bars?!?!?!

And it all started with the big bang......
11/04/2009 at 05:36
Or the set back type and just turn it back to front.

It just depends how far forward you are looking to move you saddle position.
11/04/2009 at 05:36
OK, I have a Bontrager set back seat post. Do you mean that I can just turn this around and not have any issues?

And it all started with the big bang......
11/04/2009 at 06:10
Probably not.

Most std seatpost's won't work back to front because of the way the craddle part is made, it will only tilt to a limited angle, allowing for the 70 odd degree's of seat tube angle etc.

The Thomson Elite for example has a wide range of tilt because of the design of the head, the following from the AW Cycles listing:
"Infinite tilt adjustment minus 5° and plus 29°"

You could allways go for the Profile Designs option that is made for the purpose:
11/04/2009 at 06:10
Going back to your initial post I would say get back in touch with who did your bike fitting and check with them as to how far you need to move forward and see if they have a specific seatpost in mind.
Your say
email image