Music whilst training

13 messages
29/03/2009 at 20:40
I know its been done before, but what you got playing on your i pod whilst training.

Personnally i like house/dance music, i found one recently on itunes just type in juice podcast Sexy Funky House Music UK by Max Corderoy is banging.

But what keeps you going on those two hour runs/rides.

Highworth 2008-400,20,5(1.29.05)
Dorchester tri 09-400,23,6(1.30.08)
Weymouth Sprint 09-750,20,5, 2009(1.43.10)
Crewkerne super sprint 09-(43.57)
Highworth Tri 09-400,20,5(1.26.19)
29/03/2009 at 20:56
Jelly legs wrote:
But what keeps you going on those two hour runs/rides.

MY LEGS!!!!

ITC rules( well, at least WE think so!).
29/03/2009 at 21:30
jelly legs, at the moment im pushing the long runs out "hungry" by kosheen remixed by satochi tommie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zMcASRcFuw

i like good quality "trance" music for my runs, but to be honest its hard to buy a good mix thats not full of cheese.

im all rocked out. though i love metal,hard rock, i dont thing i could possible listen to another metallica or gng album while i train. not for a while anyway.
30/03/2009 at 06:40
I look at girls if im treadmilling it. I know this is generally frowned upon, but come to my gym, youll understand.

If i have music usually a bit of ACDC, Metallica or something heavy and fast (like me :D)

....surviving only on warm urine and hot doggers.......

http://www.justgiving.com/David-Battersby
30/03/2009 at 09:43
Outside of staving off boredom on the turbo the only things I listen to when training are my body and the little devil on one shoulder and the little devil on the other shoulder.
Music is a cop out switch it off, del with the pain and go faster
30/03/2009 at 18:20
treefrog wrote:

Outside of staving off boredom on the turbo the only things I listen to when training are my body and the little devil on one shoulder and the little devil on the other shoulder.
Music is a cop out switch it off, del with the pain and go faster

I agree with pretty much everthing you say, but you're wrong on this one. Whack this bad boy in your MP3 and watch your tempo run turn into a full on sprint...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qae_TUTeGo

I know I posted this on another thread. But it is that awesome, I think it is fully justified.
30/03/2009 at 21:56
Music is a cop out switch it off, deal with the pain and go faster

Yeah I agree lol, well it sounds better than the real reason I train in silence (I can't actually work out how to put the music onto my MP3 player!)

Do it or die tri-ing
30/03/2009 at 23:20
Without sounding too obtuse,I tend to use music/video to try and distract my focus away from the session and then learn to tune out the distraction to create a more intense mind set, an hour later and I cannot remember if I was listening to music or not.There are alot of distractions in a race particularly the larger events,one lapse of the mind and your months of training are down the Liffy.

Only the true self,which transcends the personal,lays claim to immortality.
30/03/2009 at 23:20
Its gotta be some up beat 80's and 90's house. The KLF are good for a long run. Fat Boy slim for short pacey run.

Only the mind sets the limits! I dont mind at all!!!!
31/03/2009 at 17:56
@halfanironman

do you know the Anjuna Beats label? Fantastic trance - no cheese. They released a 'best of' a while back which is a classic IMHO and fantastic for workouts
31/03/2009 at 18:13
@lauraf...thank god i'm not the only one out there that cant work out how to put music on an mp3 player. I bought an ipod and a friend put some (hooky, i think) music on there. That was fine til i plugged it in to recharge it, it got wiped clean!

Needless to say i now train with no music, just the familiar sound of my huffing and puffing. sad but true...

Either human or dancer
03/04/2009 at 00:56
I dont listen to anything while training. From all the books Ive read on training it is not recommended as it is not allowed in races. So stick to race conditions.. I think you build mental strength better without music to distract you from the pain.

Another reason I dont bring my ipod is I do a lot of road running on busy roads so I need to be alert, same with bike. DOnt want to run into a truck, or a deer. :p

I do like the song by Empire of the sun though which makes me wanna train... "We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it"...

IK

Fitter, Happier, More Productive
Ironman Switzerland 2010 13:39
Triathy Olympic 2010 2:39
03/04/2009 at 05:06
must check this out. thanks.

im listining to a lot of hybrid, and satoshi yomiee lately.
Your say
email image